Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fresh Beets: LIVE Footage from Jay-Z & Kanye West's "Watch the Throne" tour in NJ



"It's the ROC in ya area!" Saturday night, November 5th, Jay-Z & Kanye West's "Watch the Throne" tour arrived at the Izod Center in New Jersey. I attended with my friend Victoria and the concert was DOPE. They opened up the show with "H.A.M." and ended with Jay-Z hit "Encore", from his album "The Black Album". Although Hov played "Where I'm From" and Ye played "Jesus Walks", I was hoping to hear more songs from their debut and older albums such as Reasonable Doubt/In My Lifetime vols. and The College Dropout/Late Registration. I was surprised they didn't even play "Lucifer" which is one of many songs Kanye produced for Jay-Z. The set-list focused more on "Watch the Throne" tracks (obviously) and a combination of hits from their albums. Songs included: "N**ga What, N**ga Who", "Diamonds from Sierra Leone", "Otis", "Murder to Excellence", "Power", "Runaway", "Dirt Off Your Shoulders", "Izzo", "Gold Digger", "Gotta Have It", "No Church In The Wild", "Touch the Sky", "U Don't Know" and more. All in all, it was still an amazing concert with great energy that ended way too soon. It was my 6th time seeing Jay-Z and my 3rd time seeing Kanye and they never disappoint when it comes to their live performances. The tour continued on Sunday, November 6th again at the Izod Center in New Jersey and travels next to Madison Square Garden Monday the 7th, and Tuesday the 8th.

Gotta Have It:


Where I'm From:


Jesus Walks:


Diamonds from Sierra Leone / Public Service Announcement:


That's My Bitch:


Hard Knock Life:


Big Pimpin:


Ni**as In Paris:


I apologize for the shakeyness in most of the above videos. It isn't easy holding a little digital camera trying to film the show while singing, dancing, and having a complete bugout at the same time!

Post by: Amanda
Twitter: @croatSwag
Tumblr: duze.tumblr.com



No comments:

Post a Comment